07-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Re: Popper help
Originally Posted by mrl0004
The things I know I need to improve are:
1) Apply several coats of paint, instead of one.
2) I need to find a way to improve the eyes. I tried to apply them with a brush and it wasn't happening.
3) I have no idea how to tie the legs in where they look more like they should
4) Also improve the blotting for the dots on the back, I used the brush again and it was tough.
5) Finally I will probably do at least 2 coats of varnish next time.
1) I do one coat of paint over a coat of epoxy
2) Use something solid to make the eyes. The heads of different size nails works great
3) personally I think that legs "sewn" right through the body is best, but a figure-8 wrap right behind the head works well
4) use a finishing nail head just touched to the paint
5) no need for varnish if you use epoxy then acrylic
The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.” --- Horace Kephart