The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 10:02 AM

stimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Allen & Co. hooks

In a place like this, it probably wouldn't be tough to find someone to split 1000 with, that way you can get 500 each of 2 sizes/types =)
Old 07-24-2010, 03:20 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound View Post
Right on now i just need to sell my wife on the idea that 1000 TMC hooks would cost a retarded amount of money and these would last me a couple months. (quit drinking and for the most part playing video games) so now i tie all the time when i am home.

Thanks for the heads up guys I really appreciate it.
I think from memory he does a deal on 1000 hooks and they dont all need too be the same type

You should e mail him if you dont have it there is a link on his site

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 07-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

Hello,

Yes, they dont need to be the same hooks. Just a min of 50pc per hook/size.

Thanks

Justin

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
On the Allen website, the hooks are compared to TMC hooks. Actually, I thought they were TMC until I read more closely. It looked like TMC's at less than 1/2 price, and I was ready to pounce! I use TMC and Mustad hooks, so it would be interesting to see some additional opinions regarding these hooks. The biggest problem with TMC brand hooks is availability. (and price)
Frank,

Send me an email at allenflyfishing@yahoo.com. Let me know what hooks you would be looking for and I'll send some samples for you to tie.

Thanks

Justin