The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: You know it's an addiction

I remember these kind of things well. I believe that as you age with this pastime you will calm down somewhat. I will still bend to snatch up a feather along the river but you reach a point where you will have what you need and will know it. When that time comes fishing and tying won't seem like an addiction or infatuation, it will just be what you do. It is like breathing in a way, you just do it but every now and then we must take a second out to be thankful for life and for this wonderful craft as well.

Ard
jaybo41 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-31-2012, 01:42 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

"You know it's an addiction" when you choose your pets based on the color and character of it's fur.
jaybo41 likes this.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
"You know it's an addiction" when you choose your pets based on the color and character of it's fur.
Love it Silver, that's hysterical!

Lots of great posts here, it has been enjoyable reading everyone's responses thus far.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:22 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Walking down the Boise river looking for the allusive shedded Heron feather.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:52 PM

wilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the rough

i knew i was addicted when i was seriously considering kidnapping a duck from a duckpond for the feathers and looking at my chickens thinking they wouldnt mind if i plucked a few of there feathers. ( i didnt i ended up buying the duck feathers and the chikens got eaten by a fox)

vincent
Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Was the fox so kind as to leave the capes behind?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 AM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about

I am sorry about my post. I did not notice that this is tying section.
But I hear you guys.

Quote:
Another indicator that you are hooked is that whenever I see any type of line attached to a stick, I am trying to make a cast. For instance, I have a hair dryer which has a long electrical cord. In my wife's absence I took the hair dry body as a rod and trying to make a snap t. The heavy electrical cord forms a nice D loop and I stop the rod, I mean the hair dryer, and I saw a wide loop, so kept on practice until she walked into the room.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastroutbum View Post
I am sorry about my post. I did not notice that this is tying section.
But I hear you guys.
No worries, that's good stuff right there. I am new to the 2 handed game so I certainly appreciated talk of D Loops and Snap T.

Have you tried a Snake Roll with it yet?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:11 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

In my obviously educated opinion, the snake roll is the best looking casts when it comes to the cords of hair driers and other electrical devices. And by that I mean, TTB, I don't think you need to be sorry for the post, I think it was great. And Jaybo, we can both look completely uneducated in the twohander game this season on the Erie tribs. I plan to embrace it

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-01-2012, 10:55 AM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about

thanks guys. I tried casting a vacuum cleaner line and learn that an abrupt stop at 11 o’clock will make a nice role casting. Of course I did not use the body of machine as stick. I just try to casting the line with hand. I did it until my wife gave me a “seriously?“ look. Pathetic thing is that I think I am bitten by a spey bug although I do not have one.