The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 03:15 PM

bigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the rough
Default dont know if you guys fish these

a cormorant
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:56 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: dont know if you guys fish these

Interesting fly, the front end reminds me of a matchstick with the brown and the red head. While I've not fished with that fly, I did have a cormorant take my fish while it was still hooked when I was home fishing in Florida... that was fun. Fish and bird were both released safely hook-free

What is the yellow/brown just behind the threadhead of the fly?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-07-2012, 02:20 AM

bigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: dont know if you guys fish these

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Interesting fly, the front end reminds me of a matchstick with the brown and the red head. While I've not fished with that fly, I did have a cormorant take my fish while it was still hooked when I was home fishing in Florida... that was fun. Fish and bird were both released safely hook-free

What is the yellow/brown just behind the threadhead of the fly?
goose biot
Old 08-07-2012, 06:52 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Ahhhh, I see it now!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...