The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By bigtel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 02:48 PM

bigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the rough
Default ptn

an olive ptn always gets their attention
hope you like it.
Click the image to open in full size.
jcw355, darwin and mudbug like this.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:16 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

What sort of dubbing is that for the thorax? Sort of reminds me of the Double Standard due to the buggier, more fibrous thorax. Definitely looks like a fish-catcher to me!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ptn

Very nice work, definitely looks like a fish magnet!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Very nice fly Terry
Old 08-12-2012, 07:34 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I bought an olive pt tail feather to do what you did and it was too dark I thought. Where did you get your feather?
Old 08-12-2012, 09:34 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

JCW, you might have a little better luck with regard to lighter pheasant tails like this one using a "yellow" dyed feather. My yellow pt feathers look very similar to the color Terry has used here.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-13-2012, 11:31 AM

bigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
What sort of dubbing is that for the thorax? Sort of reminds me of the Double Standard due to the buggier, more fibrous thorax. Definitely looks like a fish-catcher to me!
hi the thorax is olive seals fur

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
I bought an olive pt tail feather to do what you did and it was too dark I thought. Where did you get your feather?
hi i was given the feather by a friend its a lovely light olive.my other feathers are all darker olive,
Old 08-13-2012, 02:02 PM

kbranch is on a distinguished road

That's a trout hunter for sure!