The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 04:13 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default trudes?

made me this rio grande trude that I seen in my fly tying book. cause I got some pheasent tippets today. also got a pair of rotating hackle pliers!
what insects do trudes represent? I live far away from the rio grande but maybe this will still work on some gills. what ya think? maybe a lil longer body of dubbing and now from zooming in I see the tail is a lil to the side! lol. I need a mag glass so I can see better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV30147.JPG (76.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg SNV30144.JPG (79.2 KB, 14 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: trudes?

Hi GeorgeMcFly,

Looks good except for that tail being on one side.

A magnifier is useful for all tyers even those with good eyes. There are several on the market. I use the Giraffe light and magnifier and it is really a great set.

Frank

Giraffe Light and Magnifier
Click the image to open in full size.

Daylight Flexi Lens Magnifier
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:48 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

I am gonna get me a set like that asap! thanks frank.
also bought a fly rod combo today but that thread is in the general discussions forum

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeMcFly View Post
made me this rio grande trude that I seen in my fly tying book. cause I got some pheasent tippets today. also got a pair of rotating hackle pliers!
what insects do trudes represent? I live far away from the rio grande but maybe this will still work on some gills. what ya think? maybe a lil longer body of dubbing and now from zooming in I see the tail is a lil to the side! lol. I need a mag glass so I can see better

Mcfly,

Your Trude looks pretty good, maybe shorten your tail a bit.

As far as what a Trude represents, nothing inparticular, could be anything. A really good attractor pattern.
I suppose tied in smaller sizes and colors it could represent a Caddis.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*