The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By theboz
  • 1 Post By s fontinalis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 06:17 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default 9/11 Remembered

I'm fishing in New York this week. As I drove in this morning the city skyline was beautiful. Crossing two bridges the big flags at half mast were sobering. The car radio played excerpts from survivors. Very sad day in our nations history. Please on this the 11th anniversary of this tragedy take a moment as Americans to remember those that perished and those that are fighting for our freedom right now.
jaybo41, wt bash and double d like this.

Last edited by theboz; 09-11-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 09-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9/11 Remembered

Amen to that!

Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Never Forget
Old 09-11-2012, 10:06 PM

nefarious_1_ is on a distinguished road

Always and forever...
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

I could not agree more....

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 09-12-2012, 10:12 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

One of the scariest days of my life. A pair of F16s or F18s flew overhead at tree top level over my house. We (the deck hands) were all called to wait on standby incase of a mass evacuation of Manhattan, contamination tents were set up and the parking lot was filled with ambulances. After it was called off we sat on the upper deck of the Freddy C for days just watching the smoke and surrounding towers fall. It wasn't till a few days afterwards that we found out a close friend of ours was delivering office furnature to one of the towers and was never seen again. Ever since that day the area I grew up in was never the same and I'm not just talking about our view, alot of my neighbors were scared to death as we lived right next door to a Naval Weapons Depot. Today a memorial sits where just about everyone from town would park at one time or another and admire the skyline and it was built by a local guy who drained his bank account to have it made. After that Old Glory's colors seemed so much more vivid and she waved higher and meant alot more. I'll NEVER forget that day and my cousin is on his 4th tour in Afghanistan to make sure the people responsible NEVER go unpunished.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Posted this in the classic wet fly thread.
Put it here too
I"m not American - but that was a rough day no matter your nationality
Click the image to open in full size.
wt bash likes this.