The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 07:28 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Dry Fly Tie Along

There was talka while ago and now there is new talk in the fly swap threads about how some of these are missing. We have a salmon, wet/streamer and nymph tie along. Now its time for a dries.

With winter being soon, some of the bigger hatches will be dries. Lets get some input on what flies we'd like to see tied. I am more then willing to spear head the thread, taking pictures and doing the write ups. If you guys are interested, please post up and we can get this thing going.

For flies, I had a starting idea, lets see if we can add any others to the list.

1. Royal Wulff
2. Adams/Female Adams
3. Stimulator
4. Elk Hair caddis
5. Humpy
6. Hendrickson var.

Please Im open to suggestions, I think we can get this goin'.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-02-2012, 07:31 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dry Fly Tie Along

A comparadun/sparkledun is always a winner
mcnerney likes this.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:14 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'll follow along, but unfortunately I'm missing a lot of the tying materials for the Adams and Royal Wulff. My dry fly hackle collection is sorely lacking.
noreaster likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Well itd be like the other tie alongs, we'll talk about for it a while, then we'll give every one a week or two to gather up materials and then we can start the flies.
mcnerney likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

I'm in.....
Old 10-05-2012, 03:59 PM

John Forish is on a distinguished road

I followed the other tie alongs and learned a lot of stuff. I would like to join in on this one.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 PM

I noticed there are some new tyers on board here. Any of you guys want to join in on this? maybe we can start a new thread for beginners tying??? Im still up for doing it.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-09-2013, 11:47 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

I need to get new fingers first, and maybe a knew vice. The vise I have now makes things look a little blurry / out of focus. Will definately be reading though.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

I need to get some new fingers first and maybe a new vice. The vise I have now makes everything look a bit out of focus and blurs the fine detail. Am definately going to be a regular reader though.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:14 AM

gr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura aboutgr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura about

Stl,

Im in. How about a Blue Winged Olive on the list.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:09 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea, stl_geoff!

Pocono