The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 12:42 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Perhaps The Most Well Known Streamer of All Time;

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
I've been wanting to tie a couple of the ghost var with the grizzly wings on them instead of the traditional blue dun color. I have a few I tied like that in the fly bin but havent done much else with them, maybe I will have to tie a couple this weekend.
Much better looking fly in my opinion than the original.

Addicted To Vise
Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Ard that Grey Ghost might look pretty good with Honey Dun feathers. If you ever want to try them let me know I am kind of sure I have one in amongst my stuff.
Hardyreels likes this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

KERRY!!

I just opened this window to have a look at activity and when I saw your post I almost fell off my chair! Anytime you want to send one of them my way I'll watch the mail. I'll even re-send my address to you PM.

So good to see you post,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
When Ard said "I've been sitting on these hackles for the better part of 30 years and don't have a clue where I will find any more like them.", I thought I would look around and see if I could find some. So far no luck. I did come a cross a site while looking that I got a laugh out of. In the fly tying section, the guy who does the photos for the web site seems to be slacking. There are a whole bunch of 'No Photo Available". But go and look at his legging materials photo.
Fly Tying Materials & Feathers-Hook & Hackle
Finally got to look at this ! I'd say he's doing a good job to promote legging business not slacking! Haha!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 11-18-2012, 02:59 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

LOL Ard, yeah I have had a lot on my plate this year. I was very sick and took months to recover, my Sister passed away from Cancer. If it wasn't for the new Lady in my life things would have gone badly. Anyway I am planning on being around at least through the Winter. When I go to my own house next week I will see if I can dig up the Honey Dun skin. Got it from Conranch Hackle a few years back.
Hardyreels likes this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Good gracious!! Good to see you Kerry!!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM

Hey Hi! How have you been? I am glad to be back and I have some lies to tell. My Son took up flyfishing with me and has become more accomplished that I was at twice his age. I look forward to being around folks, thank you for making me feel welcome.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Doing well here, glad to see you back around these parts. Looking forward to hearing some of your tales.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/