The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 11:09 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Laurie's framed flies in their home!

"A person of substance."
Old 11-09-2012, 12:43 PM

recriger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Laurie's framed flies in their home!

There is one word that comes to mind:

ENVY

Ah well, give me a few years and I'll see what I can do.

There are rulings that have come down "from on high" at my house as well. Luckily I learned one lesson very well..."Yes ma'am" works. She granted me a reprieve and I was allowed to build a bench for tying AND reloading into the house. It just isn't allowed to be seen directly when anyone enters the room.

Those flies are beautiful. Never thought of displaying any.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:29 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_jolla1 View Post
Thanks Pocono:

Actually, I have a large chest of drawers on the other wall - organized for dries, wets and then whole skins in the bottom drawer. Enjoying your salmon series of posts and have started on that journey. As John Geirach quoting John Updike wrote - "the transmutation of any passion into an opprtunity to buy!"
I did notice that your fly tying area is very close to the door..............there isn't a family message in there ................... is there?

Just kidding........................

Pocono

Last edited by Pocono; 11-09-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

Actually, this is a great improvement, first time in 20 years I have been allowed indoors..... So good to be on the right side of the door....
Pocono likes this.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:19 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

I'm with jpbfly they fit in Quite nicely.
Brian.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:31 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Everything you pictures is fantastic. You have to be loving the natural light you get from that window next to the desk.
Did you make or purchase the frame for the flies? I have a few special flies that deserve being shown like you did for Lauries sweet ties.

What I want to see is close ups of what looks to be two cranefly flies in your avatar.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:51 AM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
What I want to see is close ups of what looks to be two cranefly flies in your avatar.
Click the image to open in full size.
trout333 likes this.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Thanks for that, lj1
I spent an evening knotting up some pt fibers and need to put them to good use. You have me headed in the right direction.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:47 PM

trout333 is on a distinguished road

She who must be obeyed? LOL, no wonder I'm not married yet.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:07 AM

Not an original line - none of mine ever are.... The words are used by John Mortimer's immortal and heroic figure, Rumpole of the Bailey, in reference to his long-suffering wife. Always used with great affection.