The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 05:44 PM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice
Default Crown vise - what is this thing?

Hey, I got a crown vise and it came with some kind of brass cups thingy (see pic).

What is this?

Also, the jaws appear to have 2 indentations cut into them, possibly for hook-holding. Is this assumption correct, or is this a weird manufacturing mistake?

Thanks!

TB
Old 11-07-2012, 05:57 PM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Crown vise - what is this thing?

No pic my friend.

Separate note, you going to the Potomac Fly Rodders Beer Tie 12 Nov? It's a good place to get local info on fishing spots. vr
Old 11-07-2012, 06:41 PM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice

Sorry - I cannot figure out how to attach files..? I don't see the paperclip or anything other than attaching pictures from a web address. Maybe version 7 of IE doesn't function well with this forum?

Oh, and yeah I'll be there (beer tie)-- I loved the last one .

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Okay, I don't see a "manage attachments " option, but it does say "you may not attach" or something when I scroll down..? What's up with that?

TB
Old 11-07-2012, 06:56 PM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

Where are your pictures hosted? If you have a link PM it to me and I can post them. Vr
Old 11-08-2012, 04:51 AM

Nevermind! Sorry . The little cup pieces comprise a "hair stacker" I'm told.

Thanks,

TB