The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 07:19 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Identify the material

I got one of those (undyed) a couple of years ago from Steve Cooper at Cookshill; still haven't tied anything with it. I was going to use it for one of Stewart's Spider patterns, but I never got around to it.

I think that your picric dying does wonders for this material, Laurie. Those spiders that you put up on the other thread looks great!

Pocono
Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie View Post
Well done Matey
Yes it is jackdaw crown,we were using it last night to tie up some spider patterns, it is the best hackling material I have ever used for spiders and the olive colour really comes out great.
We also used it for tying in legs on a few hares ear nymphs and it looks deadly.
I will put a few photos on later as I am away now to a duck shoot ,this week we are shooting 450 mallard so I should get a good stock of bronze mallard and CDC .
Pretty simple actually, considering you posted the spiders at the same time. I just read the materials list.

Are you selling any of those jackdaws crowns?

Eunan

Addicted To Vise
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

Hi Eunan
The crowns will be on my website Monday,dyed and natural.
I will be dyeing Squirrell up black for the website next week, we tried it for bibios earlier this year and it worked great,as you do not need to put a hackle on the pattern,the squirrel spikes out when you dub it on so you have a hackle effect.
We are experimenting on a few new variations over the winter.