The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 03:26 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fan Wing Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
IF the hackles are long enough i wind them by hand, but i know what you mean about poor hackle pliers...
Unless I'm tying buggers.. my short fat polish fingers are too big to hold any hackle by hand for anything under #10.. try using 2 Vienna sausages as hackle pliers and you'll get the idea
Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
Slight variant in that my grizzly hackles weren't up to the job, but you get the general idea.

The brown hackles arent the best either, but new 'dry fly hackles' on order, so all will be corrected soon enough.

Click the image to open in full size.
That is a really perfect fly - CONGRATULATION It really seems too good for fishing - even with a brown hackle

THORSTEN
Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 AM

tctrout is on a distinguished road

Very nice looking tie! I just made an informational video for YouTube related to quill wings; feel free to give me any comment, as well. I have made over a dozen instructional videos, and love comments to help them become better in the future.

The link is: