The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 02:26 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default name that fly

Part 2. pattern and from which book/author

no prizes this time. The fly is finished and i'll post it later.

For now though, lets see a few guesses.

Eunan

Click the image to open in full size.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-16-2012, 03:20 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: name that fly

Did some searching and came up with nothing that fit the colors of the wing and body. Wow there are a lot of flies out there! I enjoy seeing the flies you tie and look forward to seeing this one completed!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:06 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

Perhaps a blue charm.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 12-16-2012, 05:43 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Neon Woolly Bugger.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:48 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future

i'm gonna leave it til tomorrow to see if anyone get it....not as hard as the last one i posted.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

OK, I'll play.....

Green highlander - Maxwell

You couldn't wait to post it on the UK site - nice tie indeed....Lovely JC cape by the way where did you find that?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:03 PM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_jolla1 View Post
OK, I'll play.....

You couldn't wait to post it on the UK site - nice tie indeed....Lovely JC cape by the way where did you find that?
+2
gotta be a highlander
Old 12-17-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
t....not as hard as the last one i posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by la_jolla1 View Post
OK, I'll play.....

Correct - told you it wasn't as hard as the last one!

Here's the finished fly

mcnerney likes this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Eunan: As usual I had no idea what that fly was but certainly enjoy viewing, that fly turned out awesome!

Larry

Old 12-17-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Eunan: As usual I had no idea what that fly was but certainly enjoy viewing, that fly turned out awesome!

Larry
Thanks Larry! Some day i'll give one away and make it so easy that someone will get it straight off.

Addicted To Vise