The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Koolaid dying

I think I did tell Kade how to do it. How are you and he doing?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

That's fantastic Dan, thanks for the SBS on this.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:50 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117

We are doing good, we've both started going to school. Kade's been lucky and been able to keep hunting/fishing somehow. Ive been so busy that I can barely make a sunday trap shoot each week.

Ive been getting my mid winter itch to start fishing so I had to wander on back over here and see what was going on. Really had an itching to look into some pike/musky on the fly.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

They are a hoot. Good luck with it.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

Dan, are there any particular flavors of Kool-Aid, or proportion blends, that you use to achieve specific colors?
Old 03-31-2013, 06:05 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the post - that 135 color "chart" looks to be a dangerous thing. (I think I need to get a mad Scientist lab coat.)

Anyone ever try this after doing something like bleaching peacock herl with Hydrogen peroxide and sunlight?

(Don't let the kool-aid dry in your hair.... please don't ask.)
Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by random user View Post
Thanks for the post - that 135 color "chart" looks to be a dangerous thing. (I think I need to get a mad Scientist lab coat.)

Anyone ever try this after doing something like bleaching peacock herl with Hydrogen peroxide and sunlight?

(Don't let the kool-aid dry in your hair.... please don't ask.)
Girls dye their hair with it. Silly kids. I can't think of a reason it would not work as long as you did not destroy the feathers bleaching them first.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:31 AM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Never hard problem with h202 in the brown bottle in the drug store. Stuff for bleaching hair is a different story.

(... and don't call me Rasppppberry - I was young and it was a long time ago, like '83 or so.)
Guest1 likes this.