The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kelkay
  • 1 Post By Guest1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default need empty spools

I need some empty thread spools, standard size. The ones with a solid color on one end, that you can write on, would be perfect. If you use something like that, please save them up for me. I need them to wind some silk threads on. I would be happy to pay for postage too. So if you have 4 or more, holler at me. I need them now, and will need them in the future. Thanks very much in advance.
Kelly
Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need empty spools

Hi Kelly,

Two weeks ago, I just disposed of two spools. Had I known, I'd have saved them. I have a couple more that are getting low, so I'll keep you in mind before disposing of these ones.

Happy Holidays.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Oh I wish I had thought to post this sooner! Thank you. Yes, just set them aside. I bought some carded silk thread, and it has to go on a spool. I won't be able to tie off the cards. Thanks so much. Happy Holidays to you too!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have two. One is a shallw spool and one is deep and wide. Wait a minute, I was thinking line spools. Do you mean like we use in tying thread? I just looked and have two empty and one that is close enough to call it empty.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 PM

Yes, like for tying thread...the standard size. :-)
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

In that case I have three. PM me an address and I'll pop them in the mail.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:01 PM

PM on the way. THANK YOU!
Guest1 likes this.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:31 PM

DAN, thank you very very much. I got the spools today!!! I am very happy indeed. :-)
I sent ya a little pm too.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Banned

It was nuthin'. Just happy I could help.
kelkay likes this.