The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 09:19 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: where am i headed....??

all great guesses so far....no right though....there is a clue in the thread folks!

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-28-2012, 01:25 PM

rubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the rough

point of no return, over the rainbow, anglers revenge
Old 12-28-2012, 03:06 PM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

looks like the niagara, but the tail and front portion are different than where I saw it on johns site. Although that could be a variation on his site.

So my final answer is The Niagara
Feathersmc.com: Rooster Body Hackle

On another look, it's gotta be the same fly, the body is the same, just the tail is a slight bit different
s fontinalis likes this.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:27 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latshki View Post
looks like the niagara, but the tail and front portion are different than where I saw it on johns site. Although that could be a variation on his site.

So my final answer is The Niagara
Feathersmc.com: Rooster Body Hackle

On another look, it's gotta be the same fly, the body is the same, just the tail is a slight bit different
Looks like you might be on to something although the wraps at the front of the Niagra are blue and his are black and as you said the tail is diffrent. And where is Niagra a clue in the thread ? Tough one!!

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Unless he's headed for a fall .... Niagra Fall!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-28-2012, 03:53 PM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Looks like you might be on to something although the wraps at the front of the Niagra are blue and his are black and as you said the tail is diffrent. And where is Niagra a clue in the thread ? Tough one!!

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Unless he's headed for a fall .... Niagra Fall!
thats what I thought but after a few more glances I noticed they are both purple, just different lighting
Old 12-28-2012, 05:57 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future

Looks like Latshiki got it!

It is a Niagara. The photo i took of mine is not great, but the front wraps are dark blue.

The clue in the, as in the title of the thread - 'Where' - Niagara Falls!

The tail I've done, is actually how the tail should look. I've seen many versions by more experienced tyers than me, and thats how they tied it!

Well done guys! I Will get it done in a few days when i get the rest of the materials for the wing and front hackle.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 PM

waiting for some kori are you? I was suppose to call John today and do an order but I decided I needed better tools first... still working with the ones from my walmart kit!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:10 PM

actually have a ton of kori, wanted some speckled cinnamon turkey, new GP crests....a man can never have enough crests..

You're right about the tools. Make sure you buy good stuff. i bought cheap bobbins off ebay - they were rubbish, every time used them the thread frayed and broke

So, are you tying salmon flies....get some posted up....

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 PM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough

Aurora Borealis?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
actually have a ton of kori, wanted some speckled cinnamon turkey, new GP crests....a man can never have enough crests..

You're right about the tools. Make sure you buy good stuff. i bought cheap bobbins off ebay - they were rubbish, every time used them the thread frayed and broke

So, are you tying salmon flies....get some posted up....

I follow you on just about all of your media sites, I do post some here, but mainly facebook,
my name's Layton...

and yes, GP crests and tippets are two things that you can never had enough of, and speckled cinnamon turkey eh? Sounds like some sexy dee wing material (speys and dees are my thing lol)