The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 11:00 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default potentially a lifetime supply of dubbing for about $30

was dragged kicking and screaming to ikea the other day by my better half, and between tears and sniffles, i was saw this fella

Natural sheepskin for $30, some time and some dyes, you could cut it into pieces, dye it and then shave the pieces (or leave them in tact)

Anyone tried it?

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-31-2012, 12:57 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: potentially a lifetime supply of dubbing for about $30

Never tried it myself but why not? I use alot of sheep's fleece and ram's wool for dubbing on wets. I think you could be onto something!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:16 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: potentially a lifetime supply of dubbing for about $30

I have not tried it. It wouldn't last me a life time though. I wonder what kind of sheep that is? I like to mix up my own dubbing.