The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 05:34 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold
Default my LAST vise

contents deleted

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/

Last edited by flytire; 05-07-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:04 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice
Default Re: my LAST vise

Nice vise. I like the difference quality makes.

I need to get my "last vise", but cash is tight-skie and we have outstanding bills so wife-skie not on boardskie. The Atlas is on my wish list.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 AM

lthrnk03 is a jewel in the roughlthrnk03 is a jewel in the roughlthrnk03 is a jewel in the rough

I LOVE my Renzetti Traveler. I have both the base and the c-clamp. I got it about 6 months agao, it is definitely the last vise I will ever need.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Flytire: Congrats on the new Traveler! Having a dedicated spot for photos will be a sweet setup.

Larry
Old 01-20-2013, 12:34 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Had my Renzetti for a year now both Clamp and Pedestal. I skipped the intro level vises knowing they'd break down and I'd rather not waste that money.
Congrats on the vise. All black? When did that come out?
mcnerney likes this.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I hope it don't break.. I've heard nothing but headaches about Renzetti's customer service
Old 01-20-2013, 02:22 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

just wondering, how do they break?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:24 PM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold

contents deleted

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/

Last edited by flytire; 05-07-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:08 PM

stimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to behold

IIRC they had a period where there were some bad jaw sets and they were chipping like crazy- the steel was brittle, but they got past it I think.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:40 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

My buddy ended up with a pair of jaws that snapped when he was in he middle of a tie..
Renzetti blamed it on him and "improper hook placement".. charged him for a new set of jaws.. it's not like they knew he was putting hooks in the wrong way.. or even if he was.. they just came to the conclusion "hey your jaws broke.. must be your fault"