The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tying the Green Wooly Bugger!

Here is a very inspirational fly tier named Josh Williams from Dead Drift Flies demonstrating how to tie a Green Wooly Bugger. Joshua’s ability and passion is clear in this short clip and can serve as a true inspiration. I bet you can't tie like this!

Here is a bit of background;
“My name is Joshua Williams. I live in Virginia with my wife Lisa, our beautiful little Emma Jo, and our three labs. I joined the Army after high school and served as an Infantry automatic rifleman and squad leader, during which I was deployed to Iraq for 13 months. After I came back to Ft. Hood, Texas, I was involved in a major accident. A car pulled out in front of my motorcycle, and among other injuries, I lost my right arm. I was sent to Walter Reed for treatment and rehab. While there, I was introduced to Ed Nicholson, the president and founder of Project Healing Waters, and John Bass, a regional coordinator of Project Healing Waters. It was through them that I developed a passion for fly fishing. By teaching me how to fly fish, they introduced me to a new way of finding peace and tranquility. Fly fishing does more for me than any medicine on the market! I became an avid fly fisherman through Project Healing Waters and the wonderful comaraderie that comes with it. There’s nothing like catching a wild trout on a fly that I’ve tied. I began tying flies in 2008 and have become obsessed! Basically, if I’m hunting, fly fishing, or tying flies, I’m happy! God Bless!” -Josh
fysh, Pocono, Guest1 and 11 others like this.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Tying the Green Wooly Bugger!

great video!! amazing motor skills for one hand.
way to go josh
thanks for sharing larry
does he sell flies?

casey

ARFE
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

I think I just saw him in a post from Rose River farm. Truly and inspirational tyer.
I have no freaking excuse anymore.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Pocono
Old 02-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunfly View Post
I think I just saw him in a post from Rose River farm. Truly and inspirational tyer.
I have no freaking excuse anymore.
You are probably correct, seeing how Rose River Farm sponsors PHW events.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
great video!! amazing motor skills for one hand.
way to go josh
thanks for sharing larry
does he sell flies?

casey
Casey

It looks like he does sell flies, check out his site: fly fishing, Dead Drift Flies Home
caseywise likes this.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:35 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

I don't know what to say: I'll think of him next time I get frustrated with a fly!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! What else is there to say!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-08-2013, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Pretty inspirational, Josh definitely has definitely taken fly tying to a new level. When you sit back and think of how many of us would stick with it for two years to learn how to use a whip finisher.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 AM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Tying the Green Wooly Bugger!

Just ordered me up one of his shirts because I was so impressed...plus his logo is awesome.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:27 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

He sells shirts also. I'm definetely going to buy something from the guy. This is the kind of person I like to support.