The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:41 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Donating flies

In another thread last night I mentioned I give away 2/3 of what I tie,to friends and family. Made me think I should tie up a scad for Project Healing Waters and give them to them. Was thinking of tying up a selection of common flies something like

PT
Rainbow Warrior
hares ears
Barr Emerger

Midges like RS2,Disco, zebra etc etc

Do any of you do this and what strategy do you follow

1) unique patterns a few flies at a time

Or

2) common patterns in common sizes in qty of a few dozen each.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Donating flies

I sent in two different fly boxes full of flies to PHW a month or so ago. The first one went to the coordinator for the Casper, WY program and the second fly box went to the Rocky Mountain Regional coordinator Gary Spuhler, here is his email if interested: gspuhler3832@comcast.net
Here is what I sent in, maybe this will give you some ideas:
Project Healing Waters

Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Thanks Larry that is perfect. I thought you had done it but no mater how hard I searched I couldn't find that thread.

Looks like I am going to try and tie some up for them before summer.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome! Being retired it is a little easier for me to find the time. Folks that are younger and juggling family duties, work and still trying to get in some fishing it is much harder to do stuff like that, but Project Healing Waters is a great organization serving some awesome people and well worth the extra effort.