The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree222Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 03:27 PM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Let's see your tying station

it's gonna look like this until spring.......
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:14 PM

Bamboo10 is a jewel in the roughBamboo10 is a jewel in the roughBamboo10 is a jewel in the rough

Here is where I spend way to much time.

I finally got around to building me the desk that I had always wanted.

GJ
Old 12-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a photo of Lambster at his tying station, tying some streamers:

Old 12-21-2009, 10:27 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Unwinding...
Old 12-21-2009, 10:56 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo10 View Post
Here is where I spend way to much time.

I finally got around to building me the desk that I had always wanted.

GJ
I can't believe that with all of your skills that is the best picture you have of that corner of your man-cave!
You outta be ashamed young man!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Flytyer Neal...what kind of light is that, it looks cool.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Here is my fly tying area, as you can see my desk isn't very tidy. On the wall are a couple pictures of the Brooks Range in Alaska (unfortunately the one on the right is washed out). It is a little hard to tell but I use three different lights while tying, the one in front is one of those OTTLights which I really like.

Larry
Old 12-26-2010, 11:00 PM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough
Default Show OffYour Tying Bench!

Here's mine

Old 12-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Show OffYour Tying Bench!

So organized Chris! Mine only looks like that on cleaning day the rest of the time you gotta sort of dig around for things. When I clean it up I have to be careful not to toss any good materials. We use pretty similar setups, the spool holders and drawer systems. Looks like you are stuck in the winter doldrums like me, all ready to go but don't know what I want to make.

I have been doing some small wet flies in size 6 and 8 for a box that needs to be filled. I need about another 70 flies for it so that will keep me busy. I'm waiting for some Gadwal, Teal, and Bronze Mallard that I ordered from a guy in the UK to get here then I'll get to it a little. Then there's that 40 clip salmon fly box with no flies in it....... I'm going to stop after that box.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-27-2010, 01:05 AM

nerka will become famous soon enoughnerka will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Show OffYour Tying Bench!

Doesnt look to bad. Mine is much more makeshift, my space is not entirely dedicated to tying, and mine is a series of bankers boxes that contain smaller boxes and all sorts of materials that can be set up and torn down when necessary.