The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 05:22 AM

robbyjoe01 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Show OffYour Tying Bench!

I'm impressed. I'm still tying out of shoe boxes under the bed.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:18 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

So organized...Impressive...My desk usually looks like a bomb went off...

Dan
Old 12-27-2010, 10:48 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

The tying area at Yat's Bunker.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:22 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Here's my pile 'o stuff in various forms of messiness and semi-not-messiness. Now most of it is in storage boxes as my bride decided to once again to move my man cave elsewhere.

Franzen... try taking the shaft that is holding your vice jaws out and flipping it 180 degree's. You should get much better access to your fly.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:26 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

More than just a "bench" for me, my tying area is also my painting area...or I guess I should say I use my same favorite swivel chair. My Tying table is rarely clean...in this photo I've been redressing older used flies (cleaning up boxes). You can see one of several paintings I have going on the left. I commision multiple pieces through private deals and also commission by hanging in the local flyshops. They move quickly but I don't have time to do many inside a year. The four currently in play are all oils and take time to dry in between stages and then 4 to 6 months to cure before laquer..another three weeks on the laquer before framing. Paintings I'm doing now will deliver mid summer soonest.

So when I'm not Tying, I paint and visa versa. Keeps me sudo sane as it provides the outlet my persona craves.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:47 PM

Ian Mann 4 will become famous soon enough

The workbench...

Old 12-27-2010, 05:43 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Y'all have a great place to tie. I am crammed in with two tv tray tables, but it works for me. My desk is a total mess. It is hard to tell it is the same tying area as the photo.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:29 PM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
/Desk2006Web.jpg[/IMG]

Franzen... try taking the shaft that is holding your vice jaws out and flipping it 180 degree's. You should get much better access to your fly.

Negative on that, I'm left handed.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:05 PM

popperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzenangler View Post
Negative on that, I'm left handed.
Not to be argumentative, but can't you rotate the upright shaft in the clamp 180 then flip the jaw-holding shaft right-side up? Also, is that an adjustable joint I see on the diagonal shaft?
I just hate to see someone tying upside down but then Jimi Hendrix played with his axes strung that way!

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Popperfly, that vice is the bomb! What kind is it?