The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree222Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Let's see your tying station

still have more in xtra large bins in cellar and huge book shelf full.
Larry come on by just bring food, and tie for a few days....
figured i have around 12,000+ hooks right now......lets see 500 a day X 365 = ???
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM

schrob is on a distinguished road

Bob are you still taking pictures of Lou's setup and pawning off as your own?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Dave, the roll-top looks great...........but I'm concerned; it's very neat, I only see a vise and there are no signs of fly tying materials.....................

Bob, that's a professional looking set-up; everything everywhere!

Pocono

After looking at Bobs setup, I'm picking up my toys and going home.

Pocono: Yes, it does need some character doesn't it. Perhaps a entomology and fly tying book in the big slots would help. In fact, why have a roll top desk if not to hide the clutter underneath.

Dave
Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
still have more in xtra large bins in cellar and huge book shelf full.
Larry come on by just bring food, and tie for a few days....
figured i have around 12,000+ hooks right now......lets see 500 a day X 365 = ???
Bob: I'm sure you could invite the whole forum over and we wouldn't even touch the amount of materials you have stored away while tying as fast as we could!

Dave has the right approach, I'm picking up my toys and going home! You win!!!!

Larry

Larry
Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrob View Post
Bob are you still taking pictures of Lou's setup and pawning off as your own?
that fly stealing troll...he copys all my stuff...lol
mcnerney and littledavid123 like this.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Bob,you are really set up,I thought I had too much,I've about half or possibly a little more than half of yours which is also located everywhere.
The thing about Flyfishing & Flytying which everyone knows is I & probably many of The Crew seem to be buying gear all The time.
Brian.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:58 PM

Brian,
I bought a few fly shops out of their tying stuff over the years for myself. I still have the same 2 mylar rolls from 35 years ago they are that large. sz12 and sz. 16's
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

If I had my own fly tying cabin, as Bob does, ... pretty sure my wife would just lock me out of house!

That is sweet. I am very jealous.
mcnerney and littledavid123 like this.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Bob, I can't believe all that stuff....wow is right. You lucky dog you.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:19 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Bob, wow! I've seen fly shops with less tying stuff. Amazing. I thought about showing it to my wife so she'd be glad I don't have that much stuff. But I think she'd realize it's what I'm aspiring to
kelkay likes this.