The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree247Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 11:49 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Let's see your tying station

@Dean, Thanks, love my office...Especially this winter.

I was filming a little segment in the office. I hate the camera in my face but I had just finished a series of shots---that's why my desk is so tidy... All that **** you see on the left goes right back on it when I am done filming.
dean_mt likes this.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:55 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
...Especially this winter.
I hear you. I really need to get my space done.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:37 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Click the image to open in full size.simple but works
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:09 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fly Tying Bench

Click the image to open in full size.

mcnerney and ted4887 like this.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:44 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Redid my tying station a bit, shortened my desk height by 5" puts it more into line of where I prefer to sit and work, removed the old pencil drawer as it was pretty worthless and pillaged the wifes' closet for a metal clip hanger as it makes the perfect book holder to keep the book open and in quick site of where I tie at.

The shortened desk it is the same height as my old table that I worked at and with the 2 side by side makes everything easy access and accessible at the same time.

Great way to keep the books in view and open to the right page whilst you are tying a fly. Places it so I can take a quick glance up from the vise and see the pattern.

mcnerney and comeonavs like this.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:46 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

As an update I only tie in this one spot and wanted the vise a bit lower, I tried it with the clamp mount but didn't like the clamp hanging under the desk as I would bump it with my knee. Next best thing drill a small hole and move the mount to the desk itself. I can swing it out of the way if needed and it is the perfect height for tying at. I haven't done my back drop yet and not sure I will it may be more in the way but now my tools are right in front of me when working.

Swung out of the way:

Hardyreels and littledavid123 like this.

Last edited by craigthor; 12-25-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:31 AM

nc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the rough

We live in a small 4 room 75+ year old house, so space is at a premium. My computer desk does dual duty.

Mike
Old 12-29-2013, 05:02 PM

dillon has a spectacular aura aboutdillon has a spectacular aura about

My fly tying station has finally become organized and asthetically pleasing. My son in law designed and built the bench top organizer and all materials that were stored in plastic on the shelves are neatly arranged in the flat file cabinet.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:22 PM

Dillon I really like that desk very nice.

I went and added my white back drop tonite, after a few flies it is much easier to see what is going on with the back drop behind my tying subject.

Hardyreels, comeonavs and dillon like this.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:20 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Craigthor, the biggest problem I see with your setup is the organization and tidiness!

Dave
Hardyreels likes this.