The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree247Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 04:05 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fly Tying Bench

Very nice cozy desk t.o.p. baseman, I like the utilitarian nature of your space, functional and well used.

I am taking a breather from painting my new office/den in the basement. All that is left is cleaning the slab and painting the floor. I hope to move in next week. Stay tuned...

sent from my tablet...so please excuse the typos, spell check is an amazing thing!
baseman1 likes this.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:58 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice
Default Re: Let's see your tying station

It was originally a storage shelf and runs the length of the room (22') and is 4' wide. I took the first section and it is my tying bench. Just a bunch of 2x6 and 2x4 frame. Solid as it gets. I need to pick up some peg board rods at some point though.

Be patient and calm for no one can catch fish in anger. Herbert Hoover
Old 01-13-2014, 11:20 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
It was originally a storage shelf and runs the length of the room (22') and is 4' wide. I took the first section and it is my tying bench. Just a bunch of 2x6 and 2x4 frame. Solid as it gets. I need to pick up some peg board rods at some point though.
Wow, a 22' workbench inside the house?! That is awesome. I assume you are not a rod builder, or else you would have been bragging and raving about this kind of space. I'm jealous. I have a full 12' of wall in my new room that I plan to strategically place shelves on so I can turn a rod. Twenty-two feet...
baseman1 likes this.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:38 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

I've got one rod I am replacing the grip and reel seat but that is on my work bench in the garage.

Be patient and calm for no one can catch fish in anger. Herbert Hoover
Old 02-04-2014, 12:16 PM

fishingeek is on a distinguished road

I had to give up my tying room but I got a nice roll-top desk to work with now.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:28 PM

tail of the pool is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tail of the pool

Once it gets cluttered and messy will be spot on, joining a couple of swaps should help
fishingeek likes this.
I think I fish, in part, because its an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. John Gierach
Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default Re: Fly Tying Bench

Fishingeek, that is one fine lookin station!

Sent from my iPhone
fishingeek likes this.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:51 PM

fishingeek is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I did some more organizing today.
Here is what is looks like now...

Geek
mcnerney, kelkay, lthrnk03 and 3 others like this.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:38 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

New house, new tying station....

Old 02-16-2014, 10:38 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I have to get me a desk,,would like to find maybe an computer desk someone wanted to move. This little table I have is just not roomy enough,,and all my supplies are not near at hand like I wish they were. I have a computer desk I converted into my reloading area,,now I just need one more ! My wife has one of them sturdy military office desk that would be wonderful...and I've hinted at what a fine fly tying station it would be....but till the Devil starts wearing long johns I don't think I have much chance of getting her project table lol
mcnerney and craigthor like this.