The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree222Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's see your tying station

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
I have to get me a desk,,would like to find maybe an computer desk someone wanted to move. This little table I have is just not roomy enough,,and all my supplies are not near at hand like I wish they were. I have a computer desk I converted into my reloading area,,now I just need one more ! My wife has one of them sturdy military office desk that would be wonderful...and I've hinted at what a fine fly tying station it would be....but till the Devil starts wearing long johns I don't think I have much chance of getting her project table lol
Mine isn't anything fancy, just one of those six ft folding tables from Walmart and a bunch of over sized tupperware containers for my tying materials. I'm sure jealous of that beautiful roll top desk fishingeek has, I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for something like that.

Larry

Larry
Old 02-17-2014, 09:53 AM

tail of the pool is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tail of the pool

Larry

You will always find one on Craigslist, usually 200 and below
I think I fish, in part, because it’s an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. –John Gierach
Old 02-21-2014, 10:56 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

My family made a big move last fall. It took a lot of elbow grease, I still have tendonitis from laying hardwood floor, but we are settled. And just 3 months in I finally got to the crappiest room of the house...a basement corner room well used but neglected by previous owners. I cleaned it out, cleaned it up, painted ceiling to floor (including the floor!) and finally got to unpack my stuff. It feels good.

The room (with my kid running thru)
Click the image to open in full size.

My table I haven't had room for for 8 years.

The current mess...
Old 03-03-2014, 06:29 AM

myfly is on a distinguished road

This is my first and portable.

This one I finished two weeks ago.

Mike
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:57 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

That is very neat Mike. As in tidy...way too tidy!!

Nice work though, I like the station.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:26 PM

winstonwt will become famous soon enoughwinstonwt will become famous soon enough

Click the image to open in full size.This is my fly tying area/room.Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by winstonwt; 03-03-2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: no pictures
Old 03-03-2014, 02:18 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post

That is very neat Mike. As in tidy...way too tidy!!

I believe I recall taking this same kind of heat from you for my desk being too neat.

I've since mussed it up a bit. I even spilled some of my Sally Hansen Hard As Nails on purpose to make it more manly looking!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 03-03-2014, 08:42 PM

idahoclouser will become famous soon enough

Just finished building mine on Sunday, turned out pretty good.Click the image to open in full size.
fly_guy12955 and fishingeek like this.
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
Old 03-03-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
I believe I recall taking this same kind of heat from you for my desk being too neat.

I've since mussed it up a bit. I even spilled some of my Sally Hansen Hard As Nails on purpose to make it more manly looking!
Sorry man, I have issues!

stenacron likes this.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 AM

chrisdm4 is on a distinguished road

Just starting tying this winter, so I'm new to all of this but thought I would build a station that I could keep all my stuff and this is what I came up with. Simple but gets the job done. Still needs work but I thought it was a good start so i can stay organised when tying.

fishingeek likes this.