The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree237Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 11:45 AM

headhunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's see your tying station

no go must be computer illiterate...photos are saved in the gallery...good luck getting them to post on the reply...

Thoreau
Old 01-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Headhunter,

Here are the pictures of your setup. The NAFFf software may delete them due to them being too large. I just copied and pasted from your gallery.

Frank

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:04 PM

headhunter is on a distinguished road

thanks frank...curios as to why I could not do that?

Thoreau
Old 01-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all,

Here is my bench. There is a closet full of material to the right side.

Frank

Old 01-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Hi Headhunter,

There is another way to post a picture after you have it in your NAFFF Gallery. Go to your gallery and click on the photo you want to post. At the bottom of the photo is the http: address. Right click on the address and click on "select all". Now right click again and copy the address. Go to the thread of interest and open "post reply". At the top of the posting window you will see this icon:

This will open an address box and you paste the address of your photo and click OK. The picture should appear in the post at your selected point. If you want to try this go ahead. I will remove these post that don't have to do with the fly bench.

Frank

Old 01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
You guys are SPOILED! I am the only tier for 3 brothers and a woman so I have to keep it small. I do have some drawers to the ceiling in the garage full of my materials then I take small portions and put them in a rolling tool box so I am very mobile. Plus I tie at a couple of expose so it makes it easy for me.
Very nice set up guys...JEALOUS!

Thank you for the compliments Jim, Joni and all,

My tying area has evolved from when I started tying in my Dads tiny little apartment kitchen(slide out cutting board by the sink), to various corners and cold basements when I was a single fella, to what I have now.

When we built our home in 01' we also employed the cabinet maker to built 2 tables, one for tying, the other for rod building, and the Armoir for storage.
The wife let me have the den for my own purposes but we have since moved the computer in also. This room is where we spend 80% of our time together other than in the river.

Frank, my wife is a scrap book fanatic, she has thought about turning the closet in the spare bedroom into just what you described earlier, really is a great idea.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-21-2008, 01:46 PM

larrysmith9865 is on a distinguished road

Attachment 515

Attachment 516

Mine is in the bedroom along with my trout pictures and rugs and ceramics and all the other nice trout scenery there, She has the rest of the house and since we have no garage at this time I get that room.She is good about it for now. But I think its gonna cost me in the long run LOL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg desk1.JPG (84.0 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg desk2.JPG (63.9 KB, 182 views)
Old 12-29-2008, 09:55 AM

tgoodwater2002 will become famous soon enough
Default What does your bench look like?

I thought it would be fun to see everyone's fly tying bench or fly tying area. I know what mine looks like, so what does your look like?
I got mine for Christmas last year at Cabela's. I feel like I am out growing it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Fly Tying Desk.jpg (104.6 KB, 234 views)
Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of
Default Re: What does your bench look like?

This was my old bench that I had to setup in my bedroom since our second child took over the spare bedroom. We have since moved into a new house and I have yet to get it fully setup in the new house. I really must give my wife kudo's for putting up with my habit in our bedroom.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 AM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What does your bench look like?

I'll have to post a picture, but mine is set up in my office in the basement. It shares a big computer desk.

John