03-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Re: what would you buy??
Poke around and you'll find other threads on this that will go into good detail. Here are some of my suggestions:
- Scissors, don't skimp on these. I like Dr Slick and would get an all purpose pair. If you tie small get small ones too. I have a pair of Dr Slick's for cutting hair which I like but you can use cheap scissors for this if you want to save some money.
- Cheap scissors for cutting wire
- Bobbin, I like ones with ceramic tubes
- Bobbin threader, not necessary I suppose but cheap and useful
- Bodkin, useful for applies head cement, etc
- Hair Stacker if you plan to tie caddis and other flies with hair wings etc
- Whip finisher. There are a lot that work and you can use your hand to do it, but I like one that has a spring and rotates, think I got mine on ebay
There are other tools that can be helpful but really depends on what you plan to tie.