The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 08:39 PM

streamwalker has a spectacular aura aboutstreamwalker has a spectacular aura about
Default its to late now...

just ordered fly tying tools and a vise 2 days ago..i guess its to late to run for the door now fly fishing has had me hooked for the past year and a half and i just seem to get deeper and deeper and my wallet keeps getting lighter and lighter. anyways figured i would dip my feet in the water in this sectio of the forum will soon be a picture W***e in the " what have u been tying today " thread. lol looking forward to getting started and hooking some fish on some home made flies!
Liphookedau likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:32 PM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: its to late now...

I'm certain it's money we'll spent. There is a certain enjoyment in catching fish with something you've tied yourself.
troutcomegetit likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:04 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Yeah you're done, welcome to the addiction.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:12 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

you might as well add "tackle" to your monthly budget
as bash said, welcome to your new addiction.

ARFE
Old 03-15-2013, 01:20 AM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

Sometimes I think about how I could have bought a lifetime of flies with what I spend on materials, tools and a nice vise. What keeps me at peace with it is the fact that I only want to catch on flies that I have tied myself. I don't look at it as a way to try to save money but another hobby that I enjoy when I can't be fishing.
Liphookedau likes this.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:47 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
Sometimes I think about how I could have bought a lifetime of flies with what I spend on materials, tools and a nice vise. What keeps me at peace with it is the fact that I only want to catch on flies that I have tied myself. I don't look at it as a way to try to save money but another hobby that I enjoy when I can't be fishing.
Don't worry many of us Think The Same,even though I've heaps of Tying Gear I've just ordered 350 extra Hooks & am about to buy some Bugger Packs.
There's really nothing better than catching Fish on your own Creations even though it costs heaps.

Streamwalker.
As mentioned Welcome to " The Addiction" it's good to see another one that's Hooked.
Brian.
woodrivertroutbum likes this.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:29 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold

there are many more expensive addictions out there so be glad you chose this one.

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/
Old 03-15-2013, 05:41 AM

jb fly is on a distinguished road

Welcome I know how you feel I was in that same spot two years ago
Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 AM

streamwalker has a spectacular aura aboutstreamwalker has a spectacular aura about
Default its to late now...

Thanks guys and and as stated above I'm not in it for saving money at all I know I can buy flies for 70 cents a piece I just wanna do it for the joy of it.

And flytier your so right!!! I look at people who spend $100 a week on smokes or $20 a week on dip and insane amounts on other drugs. And think to myself well at least I'm not spending money on useless stuff like that and I'm putting my money into something that I will get a return on.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:56 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamwalker View Post
And flytier your so right!!! I look at people who spend $100 a week on smokes
my heart attack in 1995 put and end to my smoking. almost $9 a pack and i was smoking 2 packs a day

now i spend it on freaking chicken feathers!

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/