Wild Irishman redo
Did some things different
1. smaller hook at 2/0 rather than 3/0
2. skinnier body
3. Narrower tinsels for ribs
4. longer body hackle, which shows up better now
5. Tippet in strands for the under wing.
6. different wing construction - more modern style, to show banskian sub
7. pintail sides rather than teal
8. smaller roof
9. lower wing setting.
This is the new one.
Pre roof, sides, topping etc
the fly from last week.
Re: Wild Irishman redo
Well they're both magnificent pieces of art and tied beautifully.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
2005-2015 The North American Fly Fishing Forum. All rights reserved.