The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Last fly i'll ever tie....

I would still frame it......that fly is truly a work of art. It deserves to be framed and put on public display!!

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 04-01-2013, 08:28 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Great job on the fly and the spoof! Hate to admit I was in shock until I read the first reply.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:10 AM

bp green is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
This one is kinda ugly

Cock O' The Walk, from J.H. Hale, 3rd edition
Tied on a vintage Harrison hallow point blind eye, size 3

Click the image to open in full size.
OMG, Even your ugly flies are BEAUTIFUL!

I'm new around here and just stumbled on to this section. I'm very happy I did. That first no name fly is absolutely amazing. I took a class several years ago on tying classic wet fly patterns. Married wings gave me the fits.

I can only imagine the skill involved in tying that pattern you posted. Any chance I might be able to buy the no-name from you for display purposes?

At any rate, please keep posting your work. I am your new biggest fan!

George
Old 04-20-2013, 09:17 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp green View Post
OMG, Even your ugly flies are BEAUTIFUL!

I'm new around here and just stumbled on to this section. I'm very happy I did. That first fly is absolutely amazing. I took a class several years ago on tying classic wet fly patterns. Married wings gave me the fits.

I can only imagine the skill involved in tying that pattern you posted. Any chance I might be able to buy it from you for display purposes?

At any rate, please keep posting your work. Your new biggest fan!

George

Thanks for the comments George. Much appreciated

The first fly in this thread is already in the hands of a collector. It was a special commission, but can certainly be tied again if you are interested in it.
I have quite a few other threads on here displaying some classic flies.

Two you might like most are "classic salmon flies" and "classic wet flies"
This link will bring you to all the threads i've started on the forum.

peruse them at your leisure, flies are posted in the 'general fly tying discussions'

Addicted To Vise
Old 04-20-2013, 09:49 AM

bp green is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
Thanks for the comments George. Much appreciated

The first fly in this thread is already in the hands of a collector. It was a special commission, but can certainly be tied again if you are interested in it.
I have quite a few other threads on here displaying some classic flies.

Two you might like most are "classic salmon flies" and "classic wet flies"
This link will bring you to all the threads i've started on the forum.

peruse them at your leisure, flies are posted in the 'general fly tying discussions'
Eunan,

The links didn't work for me but it's OK. I went back and found a bunch of your flies from past threads. Wow! It's worse than I thought!

You have an amazing gift my friend. I would certainly be interested in buying a few of your flies - assuming I can afford them of course!

I sent you a PM before I read your response. I would love some pre-mounted in those display mounts you recently showed on another thread, if that is an option. If not I'll build something suitable for them myself.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:01 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Eunan.
I just came across this thread & started thinking until I read some of The Next Postings you are like me we are Hooked & even if we did give it away with a Fire Sale we would be further out of pocket after years & $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ spent.
As you said it's great Fun Tying Flies & you are a very Talented Fly Tier it would definitely be a tragedy if you just walked away from it all a sad day as we all like seeing your Flies just keep them coming as they look better than The ones in The Books.
Brian.
s fontinalis likes this.