The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By dabluz
  • 2 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By mcnerney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 03:49 PM

dabluz has a spectacular aura aboutdabluz has a spectacular aura aboutdabluz has a spectacular aura about
Default Internet order

I just got some fly tying material from J Stockard. Wow....nice prices and great service. The 1/4 saddle hackle (bronze) is fabulous.
Hardyreels, mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:01 PM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Internet order

Very good WZ. Now you can really have some fun.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 PM

dabluz has a spectacular aura aboutdabluz has a spectacular aura aboutdabluz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Internet order

Very limited supply of hackles and very very expensive in my region. Danville monocord sells for 4 dollars here while I only paid 1.75 per roll over the internet.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Glad to hear it! it's always better to hear a positive report than the other. Things are expensive here also, I was looking through the tinsels the other day and found them at 6.85 / spool, Yikes!

The biggest worry is the price of fuel for the boat, town gas is at $3.87 / gallon and Bush gas at $6.75............ Needless to say I'll be carrying a couple barrels out to the cabin come breakup.
mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabluz View Post
I just got some fly tying material from J Stockard. Wow....nice prices and great service. The 1/4 saddle hackle (bronze) is fabulous.
I agree, J Stockard is a good company for fly tying materials.
jaybo41 likes this.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:31 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Internet order

I just placed another order with J. Stockard this evening. Between the monthly specials, the occasional promotions they run, the frequent tier program and their customer service they are hard to beat. The selection they have on hand is pretty solid in my experiences. There are some materials I like to source elsewhere, but they are a staple in sourcing materials for my tying. Nice to hear you had a positive experience with them too, though I'm not surprised.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:54 PM

quimby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
I just placed another order with J. Stockard this evening. Between the monthly specials, the occasional promotions they run, the frequent tier program and their customer service they are hard to beat. The selection they have on hand is pretty solid in my experiences. There are some materials I like to source elsewhere, but they are a staple in sourcing materials for my tying. Nice to hear you had a positive experience with them too, though I'm not surprised.
I placed an order with them early last week. I had to bite on the 20% off Tiemco hooks.