The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: 3 streamers (Classics as usual)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
Thanks for checking in on the flies i tie. I dont fish anywhere near as much as i'd like to, so tying flies is the only way i can contribute to this forum....
Your contributions are appreciated Eunan and the fly tying is great.

Ted, trust me; the feather wing streamers will catch a lot of fish. If they had not I would not still be tying and fishing them after all these years. Much easier to cast than an articulated bunny fur with dumbbell eyes

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-25-2013, 01:34 AM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 3 streamers (Classics as usual)

Oh I don't doubt that they catch fish. I just don't have the patience to tie them. Classic patterns are akin to what a painter puts on a canvas. The things I put on hooks are similar to 3 year olds drawing on walls.

P.S. - I personally don't like dumbbell eyes on my streamers. I find you get much better action without them.

P.S.S. - If I didn't spend my days casting a 10wt with 12+" meaty streamers, how else would I get a workout? It's much more fun than the gym!