The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By chauncey
  • 2 Post By jaybo41

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 PM

chauncey will become famous soon enoughchauncey will become famous soon enough
Default Something I realized yesterday

So I just started tying and I am working on zebra midges in size 18 and 20. And I really struggled with the first few I did but now I can actually get something that looks like what I would buy in the store.

But even though they are not perfect, they are mine. And that's a pretty cool feeling.
jaybo41 and yonder like this.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something I realized yesterday

Right on Chauncey. Being able to tie your own flies and make tweaks to existing patterns or develop your own variations is a very rewarding feeling. Wait until you catch some fish on them. Better still, wait until you hand some off to your buds and you watch them catch fish on them.

Feel free to post some of your ties in the "What have you been tying" thread.
comeonavs and yonder like this.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:44 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

That's the spirit!!! Go get em!!!

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 07-31-2013, 01:53 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Congrats on starting. this might give you a few tips to help, not only with the midges but other flies too down the line.

Addicted To Vise