The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 10:19 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stock up on Hackles - a new craze is back!

Now this one really has me worried, I hope the hackle industry can keep up with it. Stock up now or run the risk of not having what you need when you need it ...

'Poochie Plumes' are hair extensions for your dog

Enjoy!

Kelly.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stock up on Hackles - a new craze is back!

I think this is a "hopeful" fad by the hair salons, hoping to sell their hackle stock left over from the first fad. Don't really think it will affect us, at least I hope it doesn't.

Thanks Kelly for putting a drag on my day...lol

Dave
Old 09-12-2013, 10:57 AM
mridenour

Oh brother!!! Dogs need to stand up and demand that humans stop doing stupid stuff to them and just let them be dogs. Honestly, how can you improve on a dog? They don't need to be accessorized or customized. They are great just the way God made them.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:36 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
Now this one really has me worried, I hope the hackle industry can keep up with it. Stock up now or run the risk of not having what you need when you need it ...

'Poochie Plumes' are hair extensions for your dog

Enjoy!

Kelly.
Kelly,

That's originally from a story done about two years ago...the dog looks better than Steven Tyler...

Click the image to open in full size.

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold

After you do your pooch, you might want to do your nails......here's an SBS

The Nailasaurus: Real Feather Nail Art Tutorial
Old 09-12-2013, 12:06 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by planettrout View Post
Kelly,

That's originally from a story done about two years ago...the dog looks better than Steven Tyler...

Click the image to open in full size.

PT/TB
Anything looks better than Steven Tyler...

Kelly.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:25 PM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
I think this is a "hopeful" fad by the hair salons, hoping to sell their hackle stock left over from the first fad. Don't really think it will affect us, at least I hope it doesn't.

Thanks Kelly for putting a drag on my day...lol

Dave
You improve a dog the same way you do a clinch knot -- that extra turn at the end, and with more saliva!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:42 PM

audax will become famous soon enoughaudax will become famous soon enough

Not really concerned. Saw these dog accessories appear before the hair extension craze began to fizzle on the west coast over two years ago.

Much of what I see used for dog extensions is shorter, non-genetic saddle,...the strung product you pick up for $14 per ounce (hundreds of feathers). $12-25 for five cheap feathers? Drop the $ off at the local shelter instead. MHO.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:03 PM

It appears many of you took this a bit too seriously, it was meant as a joke due to the past frenzy of hackles for women's hair. I came across the article and thought it would be fun to share. Sorry it came across as something I was really concerned with...my bad

Kelly.
wannafish likes this.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:31 PM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

You got my hopes up I need a hackle craze. I still have hundred packs from last craze.
dakotakid likes this.