The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 12:52 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Obscure dead animals, get them here!

Folks, I posted the gist of this in the general section, but I'll put more detail here. I bought a pig in poke bulk lot of fly tying supplies on ebay and I hit the mother load of new in bag animal weirdness. Now coming to you for very reasonable, as in make me an offer and pay shipping prices is the following.
I have fox tails; red, grey silver and artic (the whole tail mind you).
Mink tail, filch tail, skunk hair, caribou hair, antelope hair, chinchilla hair, beaver hair, muskrat hair, Aussie possum hair (my favorite) and good old bunny and squirrel hair.

I have some nice shocking pink and bright yellow marabou for you steel head guys, mallard and sundry duck feathers. Name a color, I've got it, and goose and pheasant quills as well as (erm) non-butterball turkey feathers. I'm not much of a trout fly tier so while I'll keep a supply for practice I'll let most of these go to a good home.
There is also a supply of yarn in colors I won't use and some little foam pink thingys that I guess you put on an egg sucking leech.

Also, for you trout tiers, there were twenty odd more or less full spools of mostly dark 8/0 thread. That's too light for me. If you want to trade two or three to one fore 3/0 or 6/0, though I need 3/0 more, I'm game. I swear, I feel like I just bought Noah's Ark.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Obscure dead animals, get them here!

Tell me what you want for the Fitch Tail and I'll pay pal the money plus postage to you. What the heck, how bout a red fox - a gray and the Arctic tail also. Please PM your price.

Thanks,

Ard
mridenour likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-02-2013, 01:20 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Tell me what you want for the Fitch Tail and I'll pay pal the money plus postage to you. What the heck, how bout a red fox - a gray and the Arctic tail also. Please PM your price.

Thanks,

Ard
You gotta watch this guy Ard! He might send you stuff and then not take your payment when you send it to him! I think he suffers from an over-abundance of generosity. It's a very rare disease not known to harm anyone, ever!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:54 PM

nicknick222 has a spectacular aura aboutnicknick222 has a spectacular aura about

Antelope is awesome for spinning!! Try that one out if you havent.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:32 PM

mirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nicemirabelasunshine is just really nice

pm sent re: woodchuck, partridge, saddle hackles, beads.

Neat haul you got there!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I'm interested in the various fox tails if you have more. Please pm me with the $$ amount if available. Thanks.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 10-03-2013, 01:30 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
I'm interested in the various fox tails if you have more. Please pm me with the $$ amount if available. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
PM on its way.