The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 05:47 PM

MrEsox is a jewel in the roughMrEsox is a jewel in the roughMrEsox is a jewel in the rough
Default Prototype

Here are two attempts at a fly pattern that I've been working on. It is a crawfish pattern that I've just been playing with. I tie a small lead strip to the shaft of the hook to allow for sinking and keeping the curve of the hook upward. I got the idea of this after seeing some bone fish flies. Any suggestions? Good things about it, bad things about it?

This fly is a prototype that I'm trying. I used a few differant feathers for the bottom and buck hair for the front.

The pics arent the best, I'll see if I can get some better ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0209082105.jpg (64.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 0209082107.jpg (68.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEsox View Post
Here are two attempts at a fly pattern that I've been working on. It is a crawfish pattern that I've just been playing with. I tie a small lead strip to the shaft of the hook to allow for sinking and keeping the curve of the hook upward. I got the idea of this after seeing some bone fish flies. Any suggestions? Good things about it, bad things about it?

This fly is a prototype that I'm trying. I used a few differant feathers for the bottom and buck hair for the front.

The pics arent the best, I'll see if I can get some better ones.
WICKED FLY. This would be a great Carp fly.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:30 PM

MrEsox is a jewel in the roughMrEsox is a jewel in the roughMrEsox is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Prototype

Thanks, like I said I was trying for a crawfish pattern that got sparked after I watched a guy catch bone fish in the easter Pacific. I was inteding on using it for bass, but I didnt think of trying it for carp. Got some great areas for big carp up here. After I get a bit more tweeking I'll post my final for produciton.