The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 07:10 AM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Need 3/0 thread will trade

Anyone have some excess spools of 3/0 thread they want to unload? I will trade pretty much any conceivable fly tying ingredient you care to name or do full spools of dark 8/0 at two for one. I'm looking for white, black olive, tan and the usual suspects.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:55 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need 3/0 thread will trade

$1.67 per spool @ hook and hackle

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/
Old 10-13-2013, 02:21 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytire View Post
$1.67 per spool @ hook and hackle
Yeah, I've had good luck dealing them before. They are a great outfit. I just figured I'd see if any one here wanted to trade some stuff they didn't need for stuff I don't need. Skunk hair going once.....
Old 10-13-2013, 03:00 PM

audax will become famous soon enoughaudax will become famous soon enough

Which 3/0 thread? There's more than one.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audax View Post
Which 3/0 thread? There's more than one.
At my level of incompetence it really doesn't matter. I'm tying for bass and blue gills and for the salt. If its strong enough to spin deer hair or tie a deceiver or clouser I'm good. Right now I'm just trying to remember a skill I let rust for twenty years. Why I stopped tying I have no idea, but it must have seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm trying to relearn and just need to tie a bunch of flies to remember. Some things come back easily, some things I find myself frustrated because I know I used to know to do it, but now I have no clue. So pretty much any reasonably strong 3/0 will do.