The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 07:04 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What do you drink when tying flies?

I was 1 step away from that 12 step program and currently a diabetic so I just drink coffee or water. I do like diet soda but that's not good for me either
fredaevans, jaybo41 and comeonavs like this.

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/
Old 11-24-2013, 08:07 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

coffee or tea, and the occasional 'lung stretch'.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:48 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Memories...

Dave
Old 11-24-2013, 09:06 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Friends don't let friends drink and tie.
fredaevans and jaybo41 like this.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:10 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I don't particularly enjoy tying flies so I gotta get tuned up to get in the mood.

Scotch whisky, Rolling Stones, loud
dean_mt likes this.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:26 AM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
Friends don't let friends drink and tie.
Don't be a fun hater. Nobody's ever been killed with a trout hook. Well as far as I know anyway.

A little beer for me, but not too much, as my flies generally appear they were tied by a drunk anyway.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:42 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

12 year old Aberlour. Careful because too much will turn your flies into fries.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:48 AM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice

Whisky (or whiskey), usually--a glass of good scotch or bourbon. Only a glass, mind. In the winter I'll often drink a cup or two of tea, but too many times I've become engrossed in my tying only to find that my tea has gone cold.

Scott
Old 11-24-2013, 09:49 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

In the fall & winter, room temperature Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale.

TT
Old 11-24-2013, 09:52 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Nothing! Not while tying or at my tying bench! I tend to knock things over too much so getting my tying stuff wet is not something I wish to do.

Otherwise, taking a break I might drink coffee, hot or cold tea, hot chocolate, water or until a couple weeks ago soda. Perhaps a beer, just depends on when I'm tying. (Truck driver, CDL license, no alcohol in my system!)

My last blood work a few weeks ago indicated I need to cut back on some things, so I've put myself on a reduced sugar, reduced salt & reduced cholesterol diet. Nothing serious, these have been creeping up towards the high side last couple of years.
fredaevans and jaybo41 like this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!