The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 03:59 PM

flyfishmich is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do you drink when tying flies?

Well, now after watching the Lions game I might have to warm up some hot chocolate with a shot of Baileys Irish creme and tie up some flies for the spring/summer.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:41 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

I prefer a vodka tonic or Yuengling Lager while tying. I limit it to one drink because I find it frustrating to tie if I have more than that.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:53 PM

okbow68 has a spectacular aura aboutokbow68 has a spectacular aura about

I saw this thread title and had to chuckle. I would like to see some honest one drink flies and then the after several drink flies of the same pattern by the same tyer, lol. Anyone care to bare their flies?
flyfishmich likes this.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:20 PM

enolaeagle is a jewel in the roughenolaeagle is a jewel in the roughenolaeagle is a jewel in the rough

Last year I was in a phase where I'd run out to the Tom's gas station and get 2 Salted Caramel cappuccinos but they dont have that flavor anymore

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 11-24-2013, 07:32 PM

flyfishmich is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
Last year I was in a phase where I'd run out to the Tom's gas station and get 2 Salted Caramel cappuccinos but they dont have that flavor anymore
My hands shake after 1
Old 11-24-2013, 08:59 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
Back when I was a poor, up-all-night art student I learned to save the caffeine until after the piece was done. This was very clear after an all night study session as I sat down in my figure drawing class with 4-5 coffees in the pipes and couldn't keep my hands from shaking.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:49 PM

monkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the rough

190 proof Mussel Fork "bust head"...

ooooooohhhhhhhh
actually if you really want to know ,Roasted Japanese green Tea, Hojicha.
pre Fukashima

buzz

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa dave View Post
I prefer a vodka tonic or Yuengling Lager while tying. I limit it to one drink because I find it frustrating to tie if I have more than that.
either of those are good, for my druthers Gin &. tonic has more flavor ...Vodka, I'm not Russian or Polish.
I was a bartender for 12 years two months two weeks and three days. give me Lager from Germany and I'll tie you a dozen.
remember "Country Club" from Goetz?

buzz

the universe in a drop of water

Norta Mudzoory
Old 11-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to all

I am more of beer guy.... Tonight it was Sam Adams (watching the Pats Game) winter brew, but normally a local craft brew from the upper Northwest.
yonder likes this.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Original: http://www.cutthroatleader.com/
New Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. sales@cutthroatleader.com
Old 11-25-2013, 10:20 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutThroat Leaders View Post
I am more of beer guy.... Tonight it was Sam Adams (watching the Pats Game) winter brew, but normally a local craft brew from the upper Northwest.
I really enjoy the winter seasonals...too much, as they are high ABV and also CBV (calories by volume). Full Sail's winter ale is quite good, I'm sure you've tried that one. I'm sure you get Big Sky Brewery products in Idaho, if you haven't yet, try the Powder Hound, Mike. It's goooood.
yonder likes this.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:23 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutThroat Leaders View Post
Started out as the Bronco game, ended as the Pat's game.