The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 09:07 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: Crush on my Mail Lady

I have 3 grown kids who still live in the same town as I do, but living in apartments, so they get their packages delivered to my house. Seems like hardly a day goes by that something from Amazon doesn't show up.
My mailman deserves a medal AND a card with something in it.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:07 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie O'Neill View Post
My mail Lady left a Christmas card for us yesterday. I'm guessing she is expecting something in return. $$$??
Most of the service industry relies on tips for a decent living. It's a decision you have to make for yourself because there are a lot of folks who could use a tip. US Postal workers are government employees like myself, we are doing pretty well on average. I try to spend my tip dollars on people that are underpaid and doing a little more than expected, but I am a sucker and those who come even close get a small tip anyway.
fredaevans and craigthor like this.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:11 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics

CAB
Old 12-14-2013, 11:30 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
Most of the service industry relies on tips for a decent living. It's a decision you have to make for yourself because there are a lot of folks who could use a tip. US Postal workers are government employees like myself, we are doing pretty well on average. I try to spend my tip dollars on people that are underpaid and doing a little more than expected, but I am a sucker and those who come even close get a small tip anyway.
Just remember... At the end of the day... That waitress is probably making upwards of $25/hr unless you're stuck in Wisconsin making $2something an hour + tips
Old 12-15-2013, 10:02 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
Brings up one of my fav restaurants; a serve yourself Buffet (Chinese food and its all darned good!) Basically, she brings you a pot of hot tea and removes your dishes. (Well, mine are pretty small save for the fresh fruit one. There I eat 'more than my share.')

Do I always leave a 'tip,' yes, but sometimes wondered the why.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:06 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie O'Neill View Post
My mail Lady left a Christmas card for us yesterday. I'm guessing she is expecting something in return. $$$??
It could just be a nice gesture on her part without a need monetary reward. Some people still do those kind of things.
rccola712 likes this.

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/
Old 12-15-2013, 06:57 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
Just remember... At the end of the day... That waitress is probably making upwards of $25/hr unless you're stuck in Wisconsin making $2something an hour + tips
Depends where you are and how good you are at it. At a good restaurant in a sizable town yes. I definitely know a lot of waitresses that work hard for half that figure. And many of them have to because they made bad choices. Many states have that 2 bucks an hour plus tips thing.
craigthor likes this.