The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 02:28 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Crush on my Mail Lady

Ok, so she's a pear shaped middle aged black woman with bad hair. But she has been sooo good to me recently.I always try to bring her a coke when I see her. Today It was an early Christmas. I got about 300 Allen hooks I bought on their Black Friday sale for eighty seven cents a bag. On top of this I got the cabelas six pack of wire thread. It was only ten bucks so I thought I was getting sample sized spools, but these are full spools of uniwire in silver, copper, black, red, green and gold. Score! I can't wait to get tying. I'll have a million questions as I've never tied wire bodies before. But the gills and oscars woun't know what hit them.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:26 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crush on my Mail Lady

"Ok, so she's a pear shaped middle aged black woman with bad hair. But she has been sooo good to me recently."

Not sure how/where to go with this but only met one that really set me off. A you 'owe me' attitude. I'll leave it at that.

fae
Old 12-13-2013, 05:30 PM

runningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to all

I prefer the coke bottle shape than the pear.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:41 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

As long as she brings me fly fishing stuff anyone is beautiful. Seriously, most folks I order from use USPS so they have become the big brown truck of happiness. Every time I see her I get something cool!
Old 12-13-2013, 05:52 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

My mail lady probably hates me... all the extra packages she has to carry to my doorstep...
Old 12-13-2013, 06:09 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

We had a very nice & quite attractive carrier for many years. She & I were not that far apart in age either!

I always enjoyed chatting with her & I don't ever recall a day when she wasn't friendly! She had to retire after some bouts with cancer! Hard to understand why such nice folks have to deal with such nasty issues in their lives!

I still wonder if she's doing OK!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 12-13-2013, 06:59 PM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

During winter, my delivery drivers have to walk up my icy 250ft driveway I liken to an Olympic bobsled track. I keep my distance from the picture window just in case he chucks a salmon reel at me one of these times.
runningfish, jimp and craigthor like this.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:05 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
I prefer the coke bottle shape than the pear.
Maybe he means upside down pear shaped like Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife.
runningfish and jimp like this.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:41 PM

runningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
Maybe he means upside down pear shaped like Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife.
You know me so well mudbug.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:13 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

My mail Lady left a Christmas card for us yesterday. I'm guessing she is expecting something in return. $$$??