The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 12:51 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Starter Streamer Patterns?

Other than the traditional Wollies what would some other good streamer patterns be for Trout in the Driftless area? I know little stuff down to size 26's works for BWO and the like but some bigger size 6 streamers may open up some brutes in the waters.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:53 PM
mridenour

Default Re: Starter Streamer Patterns?

Mohair Leeches and CQ Streamers.
jaybo41 and jgentile like this.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:56 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

double bunny leeches work great in the DA

i like these alot for the endless color combos and for the ease of making em
Old 12-17-2013, 01:59 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

White Clousers...Browns love 'em anywhere.

Kelly.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:04 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Simi-Seal leech. By far my #1 producer last year
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:07 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
Simi-Seal leech. By far my #1 producer last year
just googled these

gnarly!
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:22 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Blood red, gold halo, and black w/ chart collar did well for me last year =)
Old 12-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I really like John Barr's Slumpbuster in 8-10 sizes.
Charlie's FlyBox - Colorado's Best FlyShop and online Fly Tying Tutorials

Larry

Old 12-17-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
I really like John Barr's Slumpbuster in 8-10 sizes.
Charlie's FlyBox - Colorado's Best FlyShop and online Fly Tying Tutorials

Larry
thanks for the SBS link as well
Old 12-17-2013, 05:37 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys think I will have to order some materials, digging through a couple of old driftless area books there was mention of a Black Ghost in size 12 so I need to source some hackle to tie one up.