The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default white sparkle bugger

I made this size 10 beadhead bugger. its white hackle ,white marabou, and kinda hard to see in the pic but instead of regular white chenille I used white and pearl flash speckled chenille. maybe it could imitate a baitfish? also made size 8. will make some more later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV30399.JPG (80.6 KB, 28 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: white sparkle bugger

That will defintely catch fish. I'd make the tail a bit shorter though, you're liable to get short strikes with a tail that long.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:17 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: white sparkle bugger

I was thinking that too cliff. I will use your tip that you told me awhile back to pinch the marabou and tear it instead of cut.. I always over compensate even tho I measure the tail to length??
just pinched it shorter its way better now! its a size 10 so its small as is. will prolly get sucked in whole. I wish you guys could see the flash of the chenille. no matter how I take a pic it don't show like it does in person! it basically gives off the same flash as the krystal flash in the tail just all throughout the body. just won't show on the camera for some reason.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.