The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 12:00 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: we did drinking and smoking but what are....

I don't remember the smoking thread...as for listening, I used to have my computer on my desk and would watch lots of bad, and sometimes good, TV via Netflix in the background. I tore through seasons of Breaking Bad, Dexter (the good) and lots of other ****. Depending on what I am smoking I listen to lots of stuff from rock to straight ahead jazz. In my new room which I am working on now I will not set up the computer but instead dust off my record player and vinyl collection! I am looking forward it.
fq13 likes this.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:33 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I don't remember the smoking thread...as for listening, I used to have my computer on my desk and would watch lots of bad, and sometimes good, TV via Netflix in the background. I tore through seasons of Breaking Bad, Dexter (the good) and lots of other ****. Depending on what I am smoking I listen to lots of stuff from rock to straight ahead jazz. In my new room which I am working on now I will not set up the computer but instead dust off my record player and vinyl collection! I am looking forward it.
Real men stick needles in their music! Good on ya!
dean_mt likes this.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:51 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I still have maybe 1000 LPs or more.
They're not good for tying however as you have to get up and flip the record too often

When I tie, I often start with the Rolling Stones... real loud... that gets me tuned up.
dean_mt likes this.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:15 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
They're not good for tying however as you have to get up and flip the record too often

When I tie, I often start with the Rolling Stones... real loud... that gets me tuned up.
Very true. I always appreciated that one needs to be actively engaged in the music with records. It's also fun to stack 2 or 3 records and let them drop after each side is finished. Like a really old school slow mix.

What's your favorite Stones album? I have Exile and I think Beggar's on vinyl, maybe Sticky too...been a while since I looked through the box.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:24 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Easily Exile then Let it Bleed
This is a great bootleg though from '73
CLICK
Probably their best tour
dean_mt likes this.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:31 PM

Yeah, hands down. It's a top 10 all-time rock-n-roll album. Did you see that tour??
Old 12-20-2013, 03:32 PM

quickdraw will become famous soon enoughquickdraw will become famous soon enough

have you guys seen the documentary about the making of the exile album? it's great!(on netflix) I've been on a rockabilly kick lately, and have a good pandora station that's seeded with Deke Dickerson, he's a great musician and has quite a variety to his music.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
have you guys seen the documentary about the making of the exile album? it's great!(on netflix) I've been on a rockabilly kick lately, and have a good pandora station that's seeded with Deke Dickerson, he's a great musician and has quite a variety to his music.
Is it a new doc? There is an old bootleg - unauthorized - from that tour...it's pretty raw!
Old 12-20-2013, 03:46 PM

quickdraw will become famous soon enoughquickdraw will become famous soon enough

it's called "the stones in exile" came out a couple of years ago. seriously well done.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:27 PM

brownwolf is on a distinguished road

The fireplace. The local sportstalk guys are pretty good. I like alot of different music, but lighter stuff is better for me when tying. Allison Krause and Robert Plant is a good album, forgot the name.