The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 08:00 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold
Default we did drinking and smoking but what are....

.....you listening to while tying in you man cave??

a nagging significant other doesnt count!

i enjoy listening to smooth/cool jazz, sometimes the beatles, ambient electronic music and other genres.
buckets likes this.

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/
Old 12-19-2013, 08:10 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: we did drinking and smoking but what are....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytire View Post
.....you listening to while tying in you man cave??

a nagging significant other doesnt count!

i enjoy listening to smooth/cool jazz, sometimes the beatles, ambient electronic music and other genres.
6 kids...After I got them in bed it was Allison Kraus and then Eric Church.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:11 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Most of the time I tie in quiet. One of these days I will get some speakers set up in my tying area and maybe listen to some music. I like a broad variety of music. Pretty much everything except country and rap.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:19 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Old country. Waylon and Merle mostly.
stimulator2, baseman1 and buckets like this.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:28 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Depending upon the time of day I'll go for 'Talk Radio.' If not something like the Discovery Channel on the small tv in the BR I use for my 'tie desk.'
Old 12-19-2013, 09:03 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

I just stick my iPod in the dock and have it on low in the background. Type of music depends on my mood at the time.
Other times I'll listen to fly fishing pod casts.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:44 AM

dryfly256 will become famous soon enough

X2 for the podcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 12-19-2013, 03:26 PM

coug will become famous soon enoughcoug will become famous soon enough

I tie with the TV on as white noise. Usually espn, nfl network, or recorded wood working shows.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:02 PM

horsehead will become famous soon enoughhorsehead will become famous soon enough

I listen to sermons, as I'm a pastor and like to consult other folks before preaching on a given text. But I can't pay attention just sitting there staring at the screen. I find tying gives me enough of a focus to actually tune in to what's being said and keeping my mind from wandering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2013, 04:05 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

I'm all over the place on this subject.

Rock/Pop- Fleetwood Mac (Particularly anything Stevie Nicks sings), Chicago, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Elton and many others.

Country- Mostly older and rowdier stuff Hank,Waylon,George Jones,Patty Loveless. Can't stand most new country.

Country Gospel- Alan Jackson, Vince Gill duets etc.

Bluegrass in small doses.
buckets likes this.