The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 04:18 PM

monkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the rough
Question wooly buggers, pictures of

I'm looking for some inspiration
how about posting some photos of wooly's?

thanks in advance

buzz
Hardyreels and littledavid123 like this.

the universe in a drop of water

Norta Mudzoory
Old 12-30-2013, 05:42 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: wooly buggers, pictures of

here is few that works for rainbows over here

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:51 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Here are my sparkle ghost buggers - there's a step by step with materials on the fly patterns forum.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-30-2013, 06:32 PM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light

a couple of Mini Buggers

Old 12-30-2013, 08:08 PM

dillon has a spectacular aura aboutdillon has a spectacular aura about

Old 12-30-2013, 08:22 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Now, I'm all but ashamed to show you what I tie. Anyways,,,I rarely use a bead head...but I prefer (most of the time) for weight on the tippet in front of the wooly,,or nymph,,,as I like to get them down to the fish, but still not have them so heavy that they have an unnatural movement.
These are pretty simple,,bout as good as I tie ,,but they still catch fish. I also like mine fairly 'full and fuzzy' as they slim down a LOT under water. I am SO impressed with you other guys ablities,,just awesome guys.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:16 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Good call on the wooly thread Monkey. Some of the fishiest I've seen. Stop apologizing for yours Mike. That second one looks double extra buggy to me. I can see I need to spend an extra buck on some better quality materials next time I order.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:28 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

That second one IA I used that woolly fuzzy yarn you can buy. The top one, dubbing. I think I'm prefering that woolly yarn best,,and it's so much easier and faster,,and looks way buggier than chenille. I ain't making excuses for my tie exactly but I can't take a detailed picture indoors at all,,it's hit and miss.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:43 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
That second one IA I used that woolly fuzzy yarn you can buy. The top one, dubbing. I think I'm prefering that woolly yarn best,,and it's so much easier and faster,,and looks way buggier than chenille. I ain't making excuses for my tie exactly but I can't take a detailed picture indoors at all,,it's hit and miss.
I know what you are saying. My camera struggles with fly PICs. The woolies in this thread are ridiculously perfect. A lot of talented tyers on this forum.
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:48 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold

plenty of inspiration here

https://www.google.com/search?q=wool...w=1600&bih=774

be creative. experiment

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/