The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pszy22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 06:16 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Devil Bug

This is a great pattern, if you've never fished it before, tie up a few and give it a try

Click the image to open in full size.

Easy to tie, and it floats like a proverbial cork.

Here is a great tutorial - http://www.garyborger.com/2011/06/20/devil-bug/
mcnerney and calftail like this.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo
Old 01-06-2014, 07:08 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Devil Bug

I've tied those,,and they really do work good. But anymore, I just use a good caddis...a caddis will catch anyone that swims I think....during the hatch or not.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:57 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold

the devil bug is a good caddis imitation

before learning to fly fish, i used to us a fly and a bubble rig on a spinning rod and would catch my fair share on a devil bug on million dollar lake in colorado. man that was fun!

an all black version can hammer them big horn river trout in september when the black caddis hatch is on!

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/
Old 01-06-2014, 09:11 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
I've tied those,,and they really do work good. But anymore, I just use a good caddis...a caddis will catch anyone that swims I think....during the hatch or not.
I agree, and no this is not me...

Click the image to open in full size.

Dave