The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 09:13 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Muskie Hackle.....

Trophy waters you mention for sure. Carry on with the search. You're going to have to find some trophy chickens to build that fly.

Articulated will solve it with a smaller feather.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:47 PM

onthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
Trophy waters you mention for sure. Carry on with the search. You're going to have to find some trophy chickens to build that fly.

Articulated will solve it with a smaller feather.
I may need a monkey or two as well!

Hope I didn't come across as a duche bag! I just wanted to show that I do have an idea of what I am doing.

Before moving to this "hole" called Arizona, I use to live in Ontario and then the Chicago area. What I wouldn't do to go back to either place, even the Windy City. Heck, within 3 hours I had Largemouth, Smallmouth, Pike, Muskie, Salmon, Steelhead, Trout.....crazy!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:57 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehunt View Post
I may need a monkey or two as well!

Hope I didn't come across as a duche bag! I just wanted to show that I do have an idea of what I am doing.

Before moving to this "hole" called Arizona, I use to live in Ontario and then the Chicago area. What I wouldn't do to go back to either place, even the Windy City. Heck, within 3 hours I had Largemouth, Smallmouth, Pike, Muskie, Salmon, Steelhead, Trout.....crazy!
You are fine. You have fished some of the finest musky water with tackle for sure. You'll have to refine your FF strategy for wherever you are intending to fish now. There is good Musky water out west, but I have no idea how far south. You have the experience to figure it out.